TracTuff Type S Oil Pump Conversion
The oil pump is the most important part in the engine there is... a sub-par solution can and WILL cost you more than you think in the long run, so if your engine has high mileage or is being rebuilt after a failure, don't skimp... it's cheap peace of mind! Remember, a quality unit is important in any engine but the K-series motor is much more sensitive due to the high demands of Honda's VTEC and i-VTEC systems.
The Type S/R pump is driven slower (1.6:1 vs. 2.0:1) than the balance-shaft style pumps which means it will handle rpm a little better. It also has a slightly larger gerotor which helps with producing pressure at lower rpm and volume at higher rpm. The Type S pump is also considerably easier to spin when compared to the balance-shaft style pumps, so this greatly reduces parasitic drag which in turn frees up horsepower!
We also offer two popular services for these oil pumps as well as an oil pump baffle
- Clearancing - A process that removes non-critical material from the mating surface that interferes with most of the K24A blocks and all of the K20Z blocks.
- Porting - A process that helps oil flow into the gerotor by means of reducing restriction on the high-pressure side. Increasing flow through the pump reduces the phenomenon of cavitation.
- Genuine Honda Type S Oil Pump
- Genuine Honda Windage Tray
- Genuine Honda Oil Pump Chain
- Genuine Honda Oil Pump Chain Guide
- Genuine Honda Main Girdle Sealing Bolt and
Crush Washer (assumes you have a 8mm threaded orifice)
NOTE: Not all balance shaft pump equipped motors have a threaded oil jet hole and some engines may require you to tap the main girdle so it can be plugged. We include an 8mm bolt and crush washer by default but you'll need to know if this will work or if you need our Main Girdle Saddle Plug. This oil pump conversion kit DOES NOT fit the K24Z engine.